Monday, February 20, 2012

Life comes full circle

It's hard to make my 6 year old pretty princess (PP) sit and study Mathematics. Today after lot of cajoling I convinced her to practice some maths problems. It was sheer joy to see her so engrossed doing all the problems right and my heart swelled with pride.
                                                                   
                                                Me : See how much fun it is to practice Maths.
PP: Its fun for you, not for me.
Me :How its for me ?
PP:  Because you are sitting with me doing nothing where I am doing all the hard work.
Me: ......ummmm but I am here for any help you need.
PP:  Tell me when you were my age did you enjoy doing Mathematics ?
Me:  (I chuckled and sheepishly said ) Well ! not as much and that's the reason I want you to practice it so that you start loving it .
I always detested maths and till date numbers scare me. Life comes full circle and Karma strikes.
Plan to call my mom and ask what more is coming around to bite me  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate!I know what a hard time i had with dad tryin to learn math!All the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not over my maths phobia and that conversation brought back all those memories where I too had tough time with theorems, Geometry and .... what else was there?:P

    ReplyDelete